For Sale: Hat Buckles, Belt Buckles, Buttons, Pendant

Gevannia

I have quite a few different things offered for sale. These brass pieces are not mass produced; my fiance and I do all the model carving/creating, mold making, casting, and finishing of these pieces.

Original Design Hat Band

This hatband is made of 2/3 oz leather dyed dark brown. The buckle is lost wax vacuum cast in solid brass, antiqued, and aged. Band is hand stitched to buckle with heavy linen thread. You won't find this hat buckle anywhere else! Hat band is 7/8" wide and 31" long (can easily be trimmed to size) - buckle is approximately 2" wide x 1-3/4" high. $45, shipping included.

raband.jpg

Barbossa Style Hat Band

Replica of Captain Barbossa's hat buckle. The hatband is made of 2/3 oz leather dyed dark brown. The buckle is lost wax vacuum cast in solid brass, antiqued, and aged. Band is hand stitched to buckle with heavy linen thread. Hat band is 7/8" wide and 36" long (can easily be trimmed to size) - buckle is approximately 2-1/2" wide x 1-5/8" high. $45, shipping included.

barbossaband.jpg

hatbuckle2.jpg

Barbossa Style Belt Buckle

Exact replica of Captain Barbossa's At World's End belt buckle. The buckle is lost wax vacuum cast in solid brass, antiqued, and aged. Buckle is approximately 3-3/4" wide x 4" high. Belt is black leather with red/brown lacing; approximately 60" long. $135 shipping included.

barbossabelt.jpg

Barbossa Style Waistcoat Buttons

Exact replicas of Captain Barbossa's waistcoat buttons. Full set of 26 buttons. Buttons are 15/16" diameter, lost wax vacuum cast, solid brass, with an antique finish. $130, shipping included.

buttons.jpg

Edited by Gevannia

WOO HOO! Ye mades it here!!!

Oy! Pubmates! I can vouch fo' this lass. She an' her beau make FABULOUS pieces! Well worth it. :)

Oh, an Gev... there be a gent in Chicago who's making a Barbossa outfit. He's on KTTC. He'd needing some Barbossa replica pieces. Plus tryin' to get ahold of Richie.

Come on now, Pubmates! They make FABULOUS work. :lol:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Aye mates....that there first buckle caught me eye some months ago. Twould look mighty foine on me hat, but a bit pricey fer this pirate at $45. Tis more than me hat cost!

If'n the price were a wee bit lower, I might be able ta convince me purse ta open up fer yer.

Anyways...very nice work! Twere I doin' Cap'n Barbosa, I would be buyin' 'em fer sure!

Aye, their work is fabulous. Though it might not seem like it... that is cheap. He does everything by hand, hand sculpted, hand made using quality metals. Tis a great deal there! Work that's worth far more than what they are selling for!

I'm sure they might be able to custom make ye something.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thank you for the high recommendations Lady B!!

Sorry if the prices seem a little high, but keep in mind we make these pieces a few at a time and complete every step of the process ourselves. These pieces are not mass produced at a factory in China with some mystery metal. The originals are all hand sculpted out of a piece of wax by Robert. We cast with high quality solid brass (no plating here), bronze, gold, and silver. The lost wax vacuum casting process is a very complex and involved process and is the same process used to make jewelry. It also requires a lot of specialized equipment. It is much more than heating up some pewter on the stove and pouring it into a mold; the melting temperature of brass is around 1700 degrees and the casting temperature even higher. It usually takes 3 days to complete pieces from wax injecting to spruing to investing and casting to finishing (this time does not even include making the original wax model, casting the master, creating a mold, and cutting the mold). Buttons are the worst - it takes forever to make and finish a set of buttons so we don't usually offer many for sale. If you would like a detailed account of the casting process let me know and I will do my best to explain it.

There is also a lot of cost that goes into each piece including brass, investment, injection wax, electricity (it actually costs a few dollars to run the kiln for 10+ hours and the melting furnace for an hour), various pre-casting and post-casting solutions, and shipping. We already feel that we are practically giving these pieces away for what we charge vs. the time involved to create and finish them.

Sorry for the rant, but it really POs me when people complain about the prices. It takes so much talent and skill just to create these pieces from a blank piece of wax, not including the time involved to produce finished pieces.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I've just come across this post for a replica of the Barbossa Belt:

Barbossa Style Belt Buckle

Exact replica of Captain Barbossa's At World's End belt buckle. The buckle is lost wax vacuum cast in solid brass, antiqued, and aged. Buckle is approximately 3-3/4" wide x 4" high. Available alone or with with belt. Belt is black leather with red/brown lacing; approximately 60" long. Buckle only: $85, shipping included.

If possible I would like one with the leather belt - can you quote for me for this too please?

I'm also very keen to find his yellow sash that he wears around his waist...any ideas?

Best way to contact me is via email if possible at stephen@propstore.com ...

many thanks!

Stephen

I can understand the prices as I do much the same without the vaccum. The 4 blunderbuss barrels I am working on dipping now I had to actually melt and recover the wax then shape turning on a lathe (turning a soft piece of wax on a lathe cutting byhand is not as easy as it sounds) and mount them to be ceramic coated. The coating usually takes about a week and there will easilly be another week of work finishing the barrel and building the stock with the lock and everything else. I really do need to start doing some smaller casting the same as you do so I can make other parts.

id.jpg

I can understand the prices as I do much the same without the vaccum. The 4 blunderbuss barrels I am working on dipping now I had to actually melt and recover the wax then shape turning on a lathe (turning a soft piece of wax on a lathe cutting byhand is not as easy as it sounds) and mount them to be ceramic coated. The coating usually takes about a week and there will easilly be another week of work finishing the barrel and building the stock with the lock and everything else. I really do need to start doing some smaller casting the same as you do so I can make other parts.

Wait?!?! You do Blunderbuss too? Hmmmm

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

They are still in the trial stage, I haven't finished my first one yet or made a master pattern. A lot more work goes into a blunderbuss than a mortar considering its a lost wax and you need the lock and all the rest of the bits and pieces.

Good luck with the blunderbuss. Would love to see pics when you're done. We haven't cast any firearm parts yet. My fiance did cut and hand engrave the brass sideplate for my flintlock.

IMG_5564.jpg

• 2 years later...

Ahoy there!

I'd like to buy a Hector Barbossa belt buckle and possably other Barbossa items that was up for sale on here a while ago, but the user, "Gevannia" who was selling them, is nowhere to be found.

Any ideas on how I may get in contact with her or anyone else who might have a similar belt buckle for sale?

also, as long as I'm on the topic, I am very intrested in buying a close to movie accurate Hector Barbossa coat, any ideas?

-Robert

• 2 months later...

Ahoy thar mates!

Well since Gevannia is not to be found, I have taken on making these belt buckles myself. each one is individually hand cut from a solid piece of brass or copper and hammered for that aged and hammered look. Buckle is approximately 2-1/4" wide x 1-1/4" high made fer a 3/4" belt.

more Pictures of this fyne product can be seen on my facebook link.

and

I also have one barbossa belt buckle replica that was worn in POTC 1st move, also cut from solid brass and aged to give it that old used look.

The pirate Captain Cervantes

look at me page at:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-pi ... 2116056189

T

spacer.gif

• 8 months later...

Well this thread really died now didn't it.....

It took a long time but after months and months of persistant work I finally found Gevannia and got the item I wanted. That was back in Feb. Since then I have gotten everything that captain Barbossa has, including his working pistol :)

Pics are on my Facebook page.

Edited by BeatrixKovacsRobertKovacs

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I like that first photo; compared with your avatar photo, it's like before and after. :)

Hey Robert, would you share the way people can find Gevannia? We have a lot of people who read the forum, but don't post and I'll bet some of them would like to get in touch with her if she's still making the Barbossa gear.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thank ye mate!

It has taken me a long time and even more luck and persistance to get what I have. I may not look like barbossa but I love his look!

Gevannia has been quite elusive! It took me months of research to find her, allow me to shed some light fer ye all who are intrested in some items from her. Her emil is: jlaconte@cox.net

also, I'll be selling my Barbossa Skull butt piece for the British dragoon pistol and possably all the teardrop pieces. Solid brass and will fit on yer Dragoon flintlock with little modification. PM me for details.

P1040012_zps1dfc2215.jpgP1040030_zps651139f4.jpg